Friday 27 May 2011

Our little girl!!


On the morning of May 27th 2011 at around 7 i awoke to a puddle of water which continued to leak... yes lets just say it was a fun time getting to the hospital. I was having mild pains but i knew it would get much worse so i was not minding the little bit of pain i had. Being a nurse on the delivery floor means that yes i do know everyone there that would be taking care of us! And though you may think it would be awkward it really wasn't. I actually think it made me feel more relaxed as i knew i would be well taken care of. I was assessed and then waited for Dr Adolph to come see us which was around 12. I was 3 cm see gave me the option to go home and wait things out or start oxytocin. We decided to get the ball rolling and start the oxy... needless to say the pains got much worse but i was managing. Around 3 1/2 hours or so later our nurse checked our progress... 5-6 cm well i thought i could handle the pain and then i moved into a different position and it seemed much worse... so i decided to get the epidural. And yes i was lucky that the anesthesiologist was able to come quickly. But to be the lucky one the epidural was not working and i knew that by 15min i should be feeling great and lets say i felt ready to push. so there i was 10 cm. I guess i got the epidural so i could tell my patients that i did have one lol. I started pushing and 40 min later our beautiful little girl was born. We had no idea we were having a girl... Easton said from the very beginning he knew it was a girl and i wasn't too sure until the end of the pregnancy i really felt it was a girl. What an amazing experience it is to have seen many babies born into the world... and then experience it for myself. It was 100% worth it and i would do it all over again.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am so excited that you have started blogging. It is awesome and such an easy way to scrapbook your kids lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am happy you started a blog! I never get to see anyone from down there anymore so it's fun to catch up on what's happening in your lives! Plus Olivia is the cutest little thing ever!

    ReplyDelete